Thursday 17 September 2009

Bottling day

Yesterday I decided to bottle 25 litres of Sorceror's Gold that I got from my mate.

I normally hate bottling, but having just taken delivery of a new bench crown capper, bottle tree and rinser, I quite enjoyed it. Sure, the novelty will wear off but beer looks a damn sight better in 500ml brown glass bottles instead of 2l PET bottles. Look less of a wino. Took 3 bloody hours bottling directly from my FV.

Everything went smoothly except one thing...........................................................................................................................................................................
I over-primed each bottle with 1 teaspoon of glucose instead of the half-spoon I should have added!

At least they will be really fizzy!

2 comments:

  1. Is the rinser a thing that sits on top of the bottle tree which you push a bottle down onto? Do you use it to rinse bottles out with water or sanitiser?

    I was thinking about getting one to sanitise with Videne but I was concerned about contact time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it is. I used it to sterilise as I gave the bottles a quick wash in soda crystals. They were clean anyway as I had only recently removed the labels.

    I don't have any experience of Videne. Is that similar to the Idophor from Brewpacks? I still think the rinser is a good purchase especially if you can make up a non-rinse sanitiser

    ReplyDelete