Friday 10 September 2010

All systems go!

Roll on 18th Septemeber 2010, The Soapbox Brewery will finally start brewing!

It has been over a year in the making, a lot of blood, sweat, tears, bad weather and a lot of umming and ahh-ing, but it looks like we've finally made it.

The first beer to be brewed fell out of my brain to be named 'Galanthus'. The name comes from the 'botanical' name for Snowdrops. Snowdrops were my Mam's favourite flower and I want to make the first brew in memory of my Mam.
As a coincidence, Snowdrops are part of the Amaryllis family and it just so happened, Amarillo is my favourite hop. Although they aren't remotely related, it just seems right.

The beer will be a 4.5% Pale Ale using Maris Otter Pale Malt, Crystal (or Amber) Malt, and Torrified Wheat. It will be hopped with generous amounts of Amarillo and Bobek hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment