Saturday 24 October 2009

My head hurts

Last night, the wife and I ventured off to the 2nd Chester-Le-Street beer festival and this morning I am paying the price......

I cannot remember the order that I had the beers but here goes:

Stables Brewery - Beamish Hall Bitter 3.8%
Wylam - Dognobbler 3.9% (possibly the best named beer......EVER!)
Windie Goat - Gutter Slab 5.5%
Consett Ale Works - Last Tap 4.3%
Consett Ale Works - Zombie 4.5%
Brewdog - Punk IPA 6%
Brewdog - Paradox 10%

The Paradox was the one that finished me, I would be disappointed if it didn't! It didn't give much away in aroma, considering it has been aged for 6 months in Arran whisky casks. First sip though, the whisky influence hits the throat followed by a nice sweet malt character.
A bit strange but worth a try at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment